Thursday, May 10, 2012

Biting my tongue



Overhead conversation between Amalia and her friend while sitting at our dining room table coloring:


Friend: Is that drawing you are making for me?
Amalia: Yes!
Friend: Why do you always draw pictures for me?
Amalia: Because I love you very much!
Friend, with annoyance: Well, I find it very boring when you give me your drawings!

My heart ached, but I bit my tongue. I know it hurt Amalia's feelings, but at the same time I thought it was inappropriate to butt in. I did later tell her that she could draw me as many pictures as she wishes, that I love them.
She is such a sweet girl that takes these hits quietly without a riposte, or even a feeble comeback, and I worry.

1 comment:

  1. ooh, heartbreaking :( It is hard to watch our wee ones hurt by others, I guess it can bring discussions about how everyone is different but ouch :(

    ReplyDelete